We use advanced technology to qualify dry eye & quantify the grading levels of the severity of dry eye when we begin treatment. If you are suffering from dry, itchy, irritated eyes, contact the Elite Dry Eye Spa at the El Con Health & Wellness Center today. The doctor or one of our specialists will get back to you to schedule an appointment.
What We Do For You
Our practice has access to the most current diagnostic technologies for ocular surface evaluation, which include vital dye staining of the cornea with fluorescein and of the conjunctiva with lissamine, tear breakup time evaluations using FDA approved medical devices; tear film stability and homeostasis with tear osmolarity (TearLab), tear film assessment, lipid layer imaging with meibomian gland structure imaging (Oculus Keratograph 5M) and tear film inflammatory status with measurement of MMP-9 activity with InflammaDry (Quidel).
What Can I Expect from a Treatment in the Dry Eye Spa?
Your eyes work hard for you. Reward them with a trip to our Dry Eye Spa. Here’s what to expect:
- Comfortable, relaxing environment
- Painless, comfortable treatment
- Feels like a visit to the spa for your eyes
- Option to schedule a one time spa treatment when your symptoms are bothering you or to book a package that will provide year long treatment.
Everything is explained visually and in words that patients can understand. There is no such thing as a “dumb question” All questions are answered and fully explained.
My patient do’s and don’ts list before coming in for your evaluation:
- Remove make-up for Dry Eye Evaluations and procedures.
- Please wear eyeglasses for your evaluation. I will have a contact lens case if needed.
- If you have a written prescription for glasses, please bring it with you for record keeping.
- If you have insurance(s), please bring the Insurance card(s) with you.
- Please leave small children at home if possible.
- Please advise of any Latex ALLERGIES.
Eye Spa Offerings
- Blephex lid cleansing
- MiBo ThermoFlo lid massage
- LipiFlow® Thermal Pulsation System
- Dry/Moist heat therapy with gland expressions
- Prescription medications (for severe cases)
- Specific dry eye Tear supplements based on exam findings
- Ocular Health Nutraceutical supplements